- The number of foreclosure filings dropped to the lowest level since 2007 last year, declining 26% to 1.36M properties, RealtyTrac says. The figure is less than half of the peak of 2.9M properties in 2010.
- States with the highest foreclosure rates in 2013 were Florida, Nevada, Illinois, Maryland and Ohio.
- The number of foreclosure processes started plunged 33% to 747,728, the lowest since RealtyTrac began tracking the data in 2006. Bank repossessions plummeted 31% to 462,970 properties, the least since 2007. (PR)
- Relevant tickers: PHM, MHO, TOL, KBH, RYL, HOV, SPF, FNMA, FMCC
- ETFs: ITB, XHB, MBB, MBG, VMBS, CMBS, COBO
Foreclosure filings fall to lowest in six years
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Apr 9, 2015)
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: PulteGroup, Lennar, D.R. Horton and Toll Brothers - Press Releasesat Zacks.com (Mar 26, 2015)
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: PulteGroup, Lennar, D.R. Horton and Toll Brothers - Press Releasesat Zacks.com (Mar 19, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 16, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 6, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs