- Institutional Client Services revenue of $3.41N is off 22% from a year ago, but gained 19% from Q3. FICC revenue of $1.72B is off 15% Y/Y (consensus was for a 23% decline). Company notes an improvement from Q3, but "economic uncertainty persisted and levels of activity generally remained low." Equity revenue of $1.68B fell 27% Y/Y after the sale of Goldman's Americas insurance unit.
- Investing & Lending revenue of $2.06B is up 4% from a year ago.
- Investment Management revenue of $1.6B is up 5% Y/Y.
- Operating expenses of $5.23B fall 6% Y/Y, with compensation expense of $2.189B off 11%.
- The bank's ROE jumps to 12.7% from 8.1% in Q3.
- Repurchases of 39.3M shares during 2013 at an average price of $157.11. 8.5M shares bought back in Q4 at average price of $164.90. Remaining authorization is for 57.2M shares.
- GS +0.4% premarket
- CC at 9:30 ET
- Press release, Q4 results
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Fri, 3:37PM)
at CNBC.com (Thu, 2:07PM)
at CNBC.com (Thu, 11:33AM)
at CNBC.com (Tue, 10:57AM)
at CNBC.com (May 14, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs