- H-P (HPQ +2.9%) has been upgraded to Buy by BofA/Merrill. Shares are again making new 52-week highs.
- Alcatel-Lucent (ALU -2.5%) has been cut to Equal Weight by Evercore ahead of its Feb. 6 Q4 report.
- Micron (MU) has been upgraded to Outperform by JMP. The DRAM/NAND giant received three bullish sell-side calls last Friday, shortly after the company posted a strong FQ1 beat.
- VMware (VMW +2.7%) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi ahead of its Jan. 28 Q4 report.
- SunPower (SPWR +3.4%) has been started at Overweight by Oppenheimer. Q4 results are due on Feb. 12.
- AOL (AOL +4.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by CRT Capital following news it's handing off Patch to a JV.
- NetSuite (N +1.1%) has been upgraded to Outperform by FBR.
- Gartner (IT +1.6%) has been upgraded to Buy by Goldman.
- Emulex (ELX +4.1%) has received a two-notch upgrade to Buy from BofA/Merrill.
- Verint (VRNT +3.6%) has been upgraded to Outperform by FBR.
- Vipshop (VIPS +3.1%) has been started at Buy by BofA/Merrill.
Tech ratings change roundup: H-P, Alcatel-Lucent, Micron, VMware
Jan 16 2014, 09:54 ET