FuelCell prices 22M-share offering at $1.25, gives up most YTD gains

FuelCell Energy (FCEL -11.5%) gives up nearly all YTD gains after starting its public offering of 22M common shares at $1.25 each for gross proceeds of ~$27.5M.

FCEL plans to use the net proceeds toward project development, project finance, working capital support and general corporate purposes.

Though an offering was necessary, the discount seems severe, 24/7's Jon Ogg comments.

From other sites
Comments (9)
  • WVOregonian
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

Visceral disappointment at the pricing of these shares. Says to me that the Management team does not have a positive outlook and will dilute current owners as their standard method.
    17 Jan 2014, 11:46 AM Reply Like
  • medzjohn
    , contributor
    Comments (506) | Send Message

Sail away FCEL
    17 Jan 2014, 11:51 AM Reply Like
  • Magnut
    , contributor
    Comments (110) | Send Message

Dam it. wiped out most my gains.... oh well.......... should I sell ?
    17 Jan 2014, 11:18 PM Reply Like
  • magickmoon
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

Fuelcell will buy these very shares back one day, just not today!
    18 Jan 2014, 10:18 AM Reply Like
  • Magnut
    , contributor
    Comments (110) | Send Message

Really ?
    18 Jan 2014, 10:57 AM Reply Like
  • garypalys
    , contributor
    Comments (122) | Send Message

Actually, I like FCEL at $1.20 but we'll see!
    18 Jan 2014, 03:23 PM Reply Like
  • Magnut
    , contributor
    Comments (110) | Send Message

I am Long FCEL as a long term speculative investment. 1 % of my portfolio.. I usually keep 5% of my portfolio for speculation. I believe in their technology and see how it could be of value to society. I think Power companies would be foolish not to work with Fuel Cell , Inc. I am not sure if Fuel cell will make it or not. So far ... Not so good. Businesses need to make money or die... . I generally don't like investing in BS Balance sheets such as FCEL. I have made a little on TSLA and Solar City and they aren't making money either. I think alternative energy is gonna make it, the question is ,who?? Good luck all
    18 Jan 2014, 09:15 PM Reply Like
  • magickmoons
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

One day they will buy these very shares back, but not today!
    26 Jan 2014, 08:59 AM Reply Like