- Unilever (UL) 2013 net profit +9% to €5.3B.
- Core EPS +3% to €1.58
- Revenue -3% to €49.78B.
- Operating profit +8% to €7.5B.
- Underlying sales growth 4.3%, with revenue rising 8.7% in emerging markets.
- However, growth has slowed in the latter markets, due to economic uncertainty and currency depreciation. Personal-care sales decelerated to +7.3% from +10%, the first slowdown in six years.
- Developed markets remained weak.
- Unilever expects "ongoing volatility in the external environment" and is "positioning...accordingly." (PR)
Unilever net profit up, sales down
Jan 21 2014, 02:55 ET