- Unilever's (UL) shares are +4.5% premarket after the consumer-products company reported better-than-expected results.
- 2013 core EPS of €1.58 topped forecasts of €1.53.
- A rise of 4.3% in underlying sales beat consensus of +4.2%.
- Q4 sales -6% to €11.8B, with all business segments and regions declining.
- Underlying sales growth +4.1% vs Street expectations of +3.9%; volume +2.7% vs +2.5%, while prices increased as well.
- Emerging-market sales +8.4% vs +5.9% in Q3, which makes Unilever's statement about continued slowing growth in such regions a bit puzzling, even if the company was only referring to certain segments or unless it's referring to the macro-environment, which it doesn't seem to be. "Growth continued to slow in emerging markets as a result of the impact of economic uncertainty," Unilever said. (PR)
Unilever jumps following earnings
Jan 21 2014, 05:06 ET