- ASML's (ASML) Q4 net profit jumped 62% to €481M vs forecasts of €422M.
- Sales climbed to €1.85B from €1.02B a year earlier and topped consensus of €1.81B, boosted by the acquisition of light-source manufacturer Cymer.
- Sold 53 new systems vs 25.
- Expects Q1 sales of €1.71B, below analyst estimates of €1.4B, and a gross margin of around 42%; reiterates its H1 revenue forecast of €3B, excluding extreme ultraviolet light (EUV) sales.
- Increases dividend by 15% to €0.61 a share.
- ASML says it's on track with the development of its EUV technology for producing smaller chips. The company has already delivered its first EUV scanners and expects to ship another eight in 2014. (PR)
ASML net profit soars
Jan 22 2014, 03:33 ET