- Better late than never, Cowen analysts seem to say as they recommend their top biotech names even after four straight years of sector outperformance against the S&P 500.
- Amgen (AMGN) is one of the big-cap biotechs Cowen thinks will handily beat this year’s earnings estimates.
- Biogen (BIIB) remains the top name in class, and the firm thinks the stock is not overvalued at 20x 2015 earnings; Cowen also believes BIIB can beat this year’s earnings expectations.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) is a top name to buy due to its impressive clinical pipeline and list of big pharma partners; despite having eight late-stage candidates, NKTR’s market cap is just $1.3B.
- Also named: ACOR, BMRN, CELG, CMRX, DVAX, IMGN, PTLA, VVUS.
at Nasdaq.com (Mon, 11:31AM)