- French flash manufacturing PMI has risen to 48.8 in January from from 47 in December and topped consensus of 47.5.
- Services rose to 48.6 from 47.8 and vs 48.1.
- Manufacturing output increased to 48.2 from 45.2.
- Composite output climbed to 48.5 from 47.3.
- "Moderate falls in new orders, employment and backlogs of work were...recorded in each case across both the service and manufacturing sectors," Markit says.
- The CAC 40 (EWQ) is flat, while the euro is +0.4% at $1.3602. (PR)
Decline in French business activity eases
Jan 23 2014, 03:13 ET