- McDonald's (MCD) reports comparable-store sales rose 0.1% during Q4 as the company made up for lower traffic with a higher average guest check.
- Comparable sales in the U.S. were worse than what analysts anticipated, falling 1.4% vs. 0.5% consensus and 0.9% in Q3.
- In Europe, McDonald's saw comparable store sales growth of 1% on broad positive sales momentum.
- APMEA comp sales fell 2.4% during the period on a weak performance by McDonald's in Japan and China.
- In an early look at Q1 of 2014, McDonald's says global comp sale for January are trending flat.
- MCD -0.5% premarket
Global sales tepid for McDonald's in Q4
Jan 23 2014, 08:11 ET