- Starbucks (SBUX) reaffirms FY14 guidance, but comes in a tad short of analyst expectations.
- The company sees FQ2 EPS of $0.54-$0.55 vs. $0.56 consensus and 2014 EPS of $2.59-$2.67 vs. $2.66 consensus.
- A weak yen cut into the company's profit margin in its China/Pacific segment.
- Dollars loaded on Starbucks Cards jumped 24% Y/Y to $1.4B.
- Though light compared to the company's track record, the 4% gain in U.S. traffic for the quarter is solid compared to restaurant peers. Execs resisted the urge to cite weather factors as rivals have done.
- SBUX -0.1% AH
More on Starbucks' FQ1
Jan 23 2014, 16:25 ET