- It's got to be the weather? New single family home sales (seasonally adjusted) fell 7% to an annualized 414K in December, but were 4.5% higher than a year ago. Inventory rose to a 5-month high of 171K homes, 5-month of sales at the current rate.
- For all of 2013, 428K new homes were sold, 16.4% above 2012.
- Full report
- The XHB returns to flat after opening more than 1% higher, but the ITB - more of a pure play on the builders - is up 0.6%.
- Treasury prices return to about flat after nice-sized losses early. TLT - no change.
- Related ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, TBF, EDV, TTT, TMF, ZROZ, SBND, TLH, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, TLO, LBND, TENZ, TYBS, DLBL
Home sales slow in December
Jan 27 2014, 10:27 ET