- Once again, it's the Russell 2000 (IWM -1.9%) leading the way as the averages tumble. Green for the year just a few sessions ago, the small cap index is now off 3.6%, though it still hasn't caught up with the Dow's (DIA -0.5%) 4.7% YTD drop.
- Earlier: Small cap biotechs torched.
- Small cap ETFs: IJS, IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, EES, RWJ, VBR, VBK, URTY, TWM, SCHA, IWN, IWO, IJT, RWM, SRTY, DWAS, SAA, JKL, VTWO, SLYG, RZV, SLYV, SDD, JKJ, SBB, RSCO, RZG, VIOO, VTWG, UKK, FYX, TILT, VIOG, XSLV, VIOV, FYT, FNDA, JKK, EWRS, SKK, PXSV, UVT, TWOK, VTWV, SMLV, FYC, SJH, IESM, PXSC, VLU, PXSG
- Apple's higher ahead of earnings this evening, but the broader tech sector (QQQ -1.5%) is also taking a big hit. Excepting Apple, all of the top holdings of the Nasdaq 100 - Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Qualcomm, Gilead, Intel, Cisco, Comcast, and Facebook - are lower.
- Broad tech ETFs: XLK, VGT, TECL, IYW, ROM, TDIV, TECS, IGM, RYT, QTEC, PSCT, FTEC, FXL, REW, MTK, PTF