- The Reserve Bank of India has unexpectedly increased its key policy repo rate by 25 bps to 8%, citing projections that CPI will remain high. Inflation was 9.9% in December.
- However, the RBI said that if inflation eases as expected, it doesn't believe it will need to tighten further.
- The focus on CPI indicates that the RBI could adopt a proposal to set an inflation target.
- The Sensex is -0.4%, while the USD-INR is -0.8% at 62.92 rupees. (PR)
- ETFs: EPI, INDY, SCIF, PIN, INP, INDL, ICN, INR, INDA, SCIN, INXX, INCO, SMIN
Indian central bank surprises markets by raising rates
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 25, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 10, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 12, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 23, 2015)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 12, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs