- The Reserve Bank of India has unexpectedly increased its key policy repo rate by 25 bps to 8%, citing projections that CPI will remain high. Inflation was 9.9% in December.
- However, the RBI said that if inflation eases as expected, it doesn't believe it will need to tighten further.
- The focus on CPI indicates that the RBI could adopt a proposal to set an inflation target.
- The Sensex is -0.4%, while the USD-INR is -0.8% at 62.92 rupees. (PR)
- ETFs: EPI, INDY, SCIF, PIN, INP, INDL, ICN, INR, INDA, SCIN, INXX, INCO, SMIN
Indian central bank surprises markets by raising rates
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Wed, 4:07PM)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 10, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 12, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 23, 2015)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 12, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs