- Yahoo (YHOO) guides within its Q4 earnings slides for Q1 revenue (ex-TAC) of $1.06B-$1.1B, in-line with a $1.08B consensus. However, op. income is expected to fall to $130M-$170M from $224M a year earlier.
- Yahoo also reports Alibaba (ABABA) had Q3 revenue of $1.78B, +51% Y/Y (down from Q2's 61%) but only +2% Q/Q. The Chinese e-commerce giant had Q3 net income of $801M, up from $717M in Q2.
- Yahoo Japan had Q3 revenue $1.03B (-4% Y/Y, even with Q2) and net income of $307M (-11%).
- Display ad sales -6% Y/Y in Q4 to $491M after dropping 7% in Q3. Search ad sales +8% vs. +3% in Q3. Americas revenue (76% of total) flat Y/Y, EMEA -3%, Asia-Pac -10%.
- Search paid clicks +17% Y/Y in Q4 vs. +21% in Q3. Price per click -3% vs. -4%. Display ads volume +3% Y/Y vs. +1%, price per ad -7% (unchanged).
- CC at 5PM ET. Q4 results, PR.
Yahoo -4.6% AH; revenue guidance in-line, but Alibaba's growth slows
Jan 28 2014, 16:28 ET