- In addition to missing FQ3 revenue estimates by $90M, Electronic Arts (EA) is guiding for FQ4 revenue of $800M and EPS of $0.09, below a consensus of $827.2M and $0.10.
- Revenue from digital channels rose 27% Y/Y in FQ3 to $407M. Sales from traditional game publishing and other channels, boosted by the Xbox One/PS4 launches, rose 38% to $742M.
- Xbox/PS4-related sales totaled $392M in FQ3 (25% of total revenue). Xbox 360/PS3-related sales fell 4% to $707M, and total console-related revenue rose 47% to $1.11B (71% of total revenue).
- Mobile game-related sales rose 25% Y/Y to $124M, and made up 8% of revenue. The Simpsons: Tapped Out has now produced $130M in revenue over its lifetime.
- Thanks to job cuts, R&D spend fell 1% Y/Y to $275M, and sales/marketing spend fell 3% to $214M.
EA -2.3% AH on revenue miss, light FQ4 guidance
Jan 28 2014, 18:15 ET