- Investors take a slightly soft 2014 outlook from Boeing (BA -6.3%) as an excuse to cash in some chips on the Dow's best performer last year.
- “We view BA’s 2014 EPS/cash-flow guidance to be initially conservative given the year is just commencing and coupled with BA’s typical cadence of increasing mileposts as the year progresses,” says Sterne Agee's Peter Arment, capturing the flavor of sell-side reaction.
- Boeing's 6%-plus decline is responsible for nearly half of the Dow's 170 point drop.
- CC transcript, presentation slides
- Earlier earnings coverage
Boeing typically conservative with guidance?
Jan 29 2014, 14:21 ET