- Roche's (RHHBF) 2013 net profit rose 18% to 11.4B Swiss francs ($12.7B), missing expectations of 11.62B francs.
- Core EPS +10% to 14.27 francs, falling short of consensus of 14.78 francs.
- Sales +3% to 46.8B francs topping estimates of 46.7B francs.
- Earnings were boosted by sales of Roche's oncology, immunology and ophthalmology products, as well as of its diagnostic offerings.
- Roche plans to increase its dividend by 6% to 7.80 francs a share.
- Roche forecasts that 2014 revenue will rise by a low- to mid-single-digit percentage at constant currencies and that core EPS will grow at a faster rate, with earnings boosted by sales of its biggest cancer drugs and new products. Kadcyla (breast cancer) and Gazyva (leukemia) were authorized in the U.S. last year. (PR)