- Roche's (RHHBF) 2013 net profit rose 18% to 11.4B Swiss francs ($12.7B), missing expectations of 11.62B francs.
- Core EPS +10% to 14.27 francs, falling short of consensus of 14.78 francs.
- Sales +3% to 46.8B francs topping estimates of 46.7B francs.
- Earnings were boosted by sales of Roche's oncology, immunology and ophthalmology products, as well as of its diagnostic offerings.
- Roche plans to increase its dividend by 6% to 7.80 francs a share.
- Roche forecasts that 2014 revenue will rise by a low- to mid-single-digit percentage at constant currencies and that core EPS will grow at a faster rate, with earnings boosted by sales of its biggest cancer drugs and new products. Kadcyla (breast cancer) and Gazyva (leukemia) were authorized in the U.S. last year. (PR)
at CNBC.com (Sep 29, 2014)