- PulteGroup (PHM) zips up 5% premarket after easily beating bottom line estimates as higher prices (and margins) offset a slowing sales pace. Expecting the housing recovery to continue this year, the company boosts its authorization for land spend to $2B this year.
- More on operations: Home sale revenues of $1.6B up 9% Y/Y as closings fell 4% to 4,964 homes. Adjusted gross margin of 27.7% Is up 590 basis points from a year ago.
- 3,214 net new orders, off 18% from a year ago. Dollar value of $1.1B compares to $1.2B a year ago.
- Backlog of 5,772 homes valued at $1.9B compares to 6,458 homes and $1.9B last year.
- 2M shares repurchased for $35M. Ending year cash balance of $1.7B and debt-to-capitalization ratio of 31% is off from 53% a year ago.
- CC at 8:30 ET
- Press release, Q4 results