- Consumer spending grew 3.3% in Q4, the fastest clip in some memory and up from 2% in Q3. Non residential fixed investment grew 3.8% vs. 4.8% previously. Government spending fell 12.6% vs. a 1.5% decline in Q3. Real final sales grew 2.8% vs. 2.5% in Q3.
- For the year, real GDP increased 1.9% vs. 2.8% in 2012. The price index rose 1.2% vs. 1.7%.
- Treasury prices are slightly weaker than before the report, the 10-year yield up three basis points to 2.71%.
- This is just the first estimate for Q4 GDP and the revisions are often big ones.
- TLT -0.3%, TBT +0.6%
- Long-duration Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, TBF, EDV, TTT, TMF, ZROZ, SBND, TLH, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, TLO, LBND, TENZ, TYBS, DLBL
- Full GDP report
at Nasdaq.com (Fri, 12:12PM)