- Consumer spending grew 3.3% in Q4, the fastest clip in some memory and up from 2% in Q3. Non residential fixed investment grew 3.8% vs. 4.8% previously. Government spending fell 12.6% vs. a 1.5% decline in Q3. Real final sales grew 2.8% vs. 2.5% in Q3.
- For the year, real GDP increased 1.9% vs. 2.8% in 2012. The price index rose 1.2% vs. 1.7%.
- Treasury prices are slightly weaker than before the report, the 10-year yield up three basis points to 2.71%.
- This is just the first estimate for Q4 GDP and the revisions are often big ones.
- TLT -0.3%, TBT +0.6%
- Long-duration Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, TBF, EDV, TTT, TMF, ZROZ, SBND, TLH, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, TLO, LBND, TENZ, TYBS, DLBL
- Full GDP report
Treasurys slip a hair following solid GDP print
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 25, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 13, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 5, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 25, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs