- Honda's (HMC) FQ3 net profit more than doubled on year to ¥160.7B ($1.6B) but slightly missed consensus of ¥165.25B. The weak yen and strong growth in Japan and North America helped outweigh the impact of investments in new plants.
- Revenue climbed 24.5% to ¥3.021T, with volumes increasing 9.7% to 1.08M vehicles.
- Operating profit ¥228.6B vs forecasts of ¥220.4B.
- Operating profit breakdown: Japan +46% to ¥59.3B; North America ¥131.1B vs ¥70.89B a year earlier; Asian markets excluding Japan +23% to ¥50B; Europe's loss widened to ¥8.7B.
- China sales doubled in FQ3; expects sales to grow at least 19% to over 900,000 vehicles in 2014; forecasts that U.S. volumes will increase 5% to a record 1.6M cars.
- Honda reduced its full-year sales outlook for vehicles and motorcycles by around 1%, saying it now expects to ship 4.385M automobiles and 17.32M bikes.
- However, Honda maintained its FY guidance that net profit would jump 58% to ¥580B and that revenue would increase 22% to ¥12.1T. (PR)
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Fri, 12:45PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Mon, 2:42PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 19, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Feb 18, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Feb 5, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs