- Eurozone inflation edged down to 0.7% on year in January from 0.8% in December although consensus was for a rise to 0.9%.
- Core eurozone inflation nudged up to 0.8% from 0.7%.
- Overall CPI is now under half that of Japan, which hit 1.6% last month. A question for policy makers in the eurozone is how big a threat is deflation? At the end of last month, ECB President Mario Draghi indicated that he wasn't too concerned. "We don't have a situation as in Japan," he said. (PR)
- Meanwhile, unemployment held steady at 12% in December, coming in slightly below consensus for a rise to 12.1%.
- The euro takes a bit of a dive and is -0.2% at $1.3531. (PR)
- ETFs: FXE, VGK, EUO, FEZ, ERO, IEV, EPV, EZU, HEDJ, DRR, FEU, EUFX, UPV, ULE, FEP, ADRU, URR, FEEU, DBEU, EURZ, EURL, FIEU
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Mar 16, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 11, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 15, 2015)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 7, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Jan 5, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs