- Chevron (CVX) -1.5% premarket as Q4 earnings dropped 32% as refining margins and production fell around the world.
- Operating revenue fell to $53.95B, down 4% Y/Y from $56.25B; total revenue, which includes income from equity affiliates, totaled $56.16B, down from $60.55B.
- Worldwide oil and natural gas production fell 3.4% to 2.58M boe/day, down from 2.67M, as increases from project ramp-ups in the U.S. and Nigeria were more than offset by normal field declines and lower cost recovery volumes; U.S. production fell 4% as increases in Pennsylvania and Texas were offset by declining production in older fields.
- E&P earnings fell 29%, hurt by lower production and a modest drop in average sales prices in the U.S.; exploration expenses rose to $726M, roughly double a year ago.
- U.S. downstream operations earned $265M vs. $331M a year earlier; the decrease was due mostly to higher operating expenses reflecting repair and maintenance activity at company refineries and lower margins on refined product sales, partially offset by higher gains on asset sales.
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Fri, 4:46PM)
at MarketRealist.com (Wed, 1:05PM)
at 4-traders.com (Mar 24, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 23, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs