- Unisys (UIS +10%) shot higher and temporarily made new 52-week highs after trouncing Q4 estimates on the back of strong European (+7% Y/Y) and Asia-Pac (+20%) sales.
- Unisys' Asian performance contrasts sharply with that of many tech firms (including rival IBM) struggling to deal with emerging markets weakness and NSA-related troubles. Sales fell 4% in North America, and 15% in Latin America.
- Also boosting Unisys' EPS: gross margin rose 250 bps Y/Y to 31.7%, and opex fell 7% even as revenue rose 2%. At the same time, the company did mention on its CC (transcript) it expects opex to grow 1-2% in 2014 due to higher sales/marketing spend.
- Services revenue (82% of total) rose 1% Y/Y. Technology revenue (inc. mainframes/servers) rose 5%.
- In tandem with its Q4 report, Unisys has announced the hiring of former Dell sales/service management exec Jeff Renzi to be the company's new sales chief.
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Mar 17, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 16, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Apr 3, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Oct 22, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Oct 23, 2012)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs