- Randgold Resources' (GOLD) 2013 EPS of $3.02 beats by $0.19.
- Net profit dropped to $278.4M from $431.8M a year earlier, with a 17% fall in gold prices offsetting record production.
- Pretax profit $402.5M vs $547.8M.
- Gold sales flat at $1.27B.
- Randgold produced 910,374 troy ounces of gold vs 794,844 ounces a year earlier.
- Gold sales 920,248 ounces vs 793,852 ounces.
- Cash costs fell 2.7% to $715 an ounce.
- Expects to increase gold production by 25-30% in 2014. (PR)
- To keep final dividend for the year at $0.50 a share. (PR)
- Shares +2.4% in London.
Randgold profit hit by drop in gold prices
Feb 3 2014, 03:15 ET