- Morgan Stanley forecasts 3D movie attendance is declining.
- The outlook is troubling for theater operators with increases in ticket prices being offset by lower sales of 3D movies.
- Overall, the number of 3D movies will fall to 28 from 34 a year ago to account for the format's lowest percentage of total movie showings for the last seven years.
- Also hitting operators' bottom lines, moviegoers are expected to increase per visit spending by only 0.5% in Q1.
- Related stocks: CKEC, CNK, RGC, MCS, RDI, AMC, IMAX, DCIN.