- Upbeat notes from RBC and Wedbush have helped Twitter (TWTR +1.2%) close higher on a brutal day for equities. The performance comes two days ahead of Twitter's first earnings report as a public company.
- RBC's Mark Mahaney (Outperform) calls Twitter's Q4 consensus "achievable," and respectively forecasts Y/Y ad sales and monthly active user growth of 121% and 38%. He adds a monthly ad survey was positive - 40% of respondents said they upped their Twitter ad spend over the last 6 months, and 60% expect to do it over the next year - and thinks Facebook's strong Q4 results are "broadly positive" for Twitter (investors seemed to agree).
- Cantor's Youssef Squali, while reiterating a Sell, also expects strong Q4 results. He suspects Twitter (70% of Q3 ad revenue from mobile) is benefiting from mobile momentum similar to Facebook's.
- Meanwhile, Twitter is continuing its data-licensing efforts in the wake of last week's CNN/Dataminr deal. The company is partnering with music industry firm 300 Entertainment uncover music-related insights from its data firehose.
- Also: Though it's not working directly with Twitter, Thomson Reuters (TRI) is now including including Twitter sentiment analysis in its Eikon market analysis/trading platform.
Twitter bucks tech selloff with help of bullish commentary
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Apr 9, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Apr 7, 2015)
at MarketRealist.com (Apr 6, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 28, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 27, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs