- Three of ten sectors tracked by Bespoke have nearly fallen off the screen - trading more than three standard deviations below their 50-day moving averages. The three: Consumer Discretionary (XLY), Consumer Staples (XLP), and Energy (XLE). Telecom (XTL) is nearly in the same boat - 2.97 standard deviations below its 50-day.
- Only one sector - the defensive utility group - is above its 50-day moving average.
- Consumer Discretionary ETFs: XLY, VCR, FXD, FDIS, RCD, PEZ, PSCD
- Consumer Staples ETFs: XLP, VDC, FXG, RHS, PSL, FSTA, PSCC
- Broad energy ETFs: XLE, ERX, OIH, VDE, ERY, DIG, DUG, IYE, PXJ, PXI, PSCE, FXN, FENY, RYE, DDG
- Telecom ETFs: IYZ, VOX, XTL, LTL, FCOM, TLL
- Utility ETFs: XLU, IDU, VPU, NLR, GRID, JXI, NUCL, DBU, IPU, RYU, PUI, UPW, FXU, SDP, FUTY, PSCU, AXUT, UTLT
Bespoke flags extremely oversold sectors
Feb 4 2014, 09:28 ET