- Emerson Electric (EMR -1.5%) net profit edged up to $462M from $454M a year earlier,
- Underlying sales +3%; underlying orders growth has been 3-4% for a number of months.
- Sales breakdown: Process-management +7.6%, Industrial Automation +1.1%, Network Power -11%, Climate Technologies +4.5%.
- Geographic breakdown: U.S. +3%, Asia +10%, Europe flat; growth was strong in emerging markets, led by China with an increase of 14%.
- "Although uneven across markets, overall global demand reflects slowly improving business confidence and macroeconomic momentum, particularly in Europe," says Chairman and CEO David Farr.
- Emerson reiterates its 2014 guidance for EPS of $3.68-3.80 vs consensus of $3.81, underlying sales growth of 3-5%, and net sales of between -1% and +1% (PR)
More on Emerson Electric Q4: Net profit +1.8%
Feb 4 2014, 09:49 ET