- A day after Wells Fargo upgraded Palo Alto Networks (PANW +5%) to Outperform, Pac Crest has hiked its PT to $75 from $65, while reiterating an Outperform.
- The note, which comes 20 days before Palo Alto's FQ2 report, has helped shares move back above $60. They also rallied in December in response to an upbeat Pac Crest note.
- Separately, Palo Alto and Citrix (CTXS +1.1%) have announced an expansion of their security/networking partnership (previous). Citrix's NetScaler SDX application delivery controllers (ADCs - they analyze Web traffic at the application level and direct it to/from servers) will now support "virtual" instances of Palo Alto's next-gen firewalls.
- The companies note different instances of Palo Alto's virtual firewall products, known as the VM-Series, can be tailored to the needs of different apps when placed within a Citrix ADC. The firewalls still leverage Palo Alto's proprietary PAN-OS operating system.
- The partnership is aimed in part at F5 (FFIV +1.4%). F5 has launched firewall and app security modules for its market-leading ADCs, and is attempting to grab security share from incumbents with the help of its full-proxy architecture.
at Fox Business (Nov 18, 2014)