- Japanese basic wages adjusted for inflation dropped to 98.9 on a Labor Ministry index in 2013, matching the level of 2009.
- The fall stands in contrast to the government's efforts to encourage companies to increase salaries in order to strengthen the Bank of Japan's battle against deflation.
- The data came as business and union leaders started this year's salary negotiations. "Each company will do their utmost to increase wages depending on their earning situation," said Hiromasa Yonekura, the head of Keidanren, Japan's largest business lobby.
- The USD-JPY is -0.35% at ¥101.29, while the Nikkei closed +1.2% after falling sharply over the past few sessions.
- ETFs: DXJ, EWJ, FXY, YCS, DFJ, JYN, DBJP, NKY, EZJ, EWV, YCL, SCJ, DXJS, JSC, ITF, JPP, JPNL, JPNS, FJP
Japanese wages fall despite reflationary drive
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Tue, 10:50AM)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 13, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 28, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 26, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs