- Twitter (TWTR) is guiding for Q1 revenue of $230M-$240M (above a $215.2M consensus) and adjusted EBITDA of $10M-$16M. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $1.15B-$1.2B (above a $1.13B consensus) and adjusted EBITDA of $150M-$180M. Full-year capex is expected to total $330M-$390M.
- One troubling datapoint: Twitter's Timeline views fell 7% Q/Q in Q4 to 148B. On a Y/Y basis, views were up 26%, but that's a much slower pace than Q3's 50%.
- Twitter's revenue growth accelerated to 116% Y/Y in Q4 from 105% in Q3, as the launch of several major new products provided a big lift to monetization. Ad revenue +121% to $220M, data licensing/other +80% to $23M.
- Twitter's ad revenue per 1K timeline views for seasonally strong Q4 was $1.49, up 54% Q/Q and 76% Y/Y. International revenue tripled Y/Y, but still only accounts for 27% of total revenue; Twitter's international user base is more than 3x as large as its U.S. base.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) totaled 241M at the end of Q4, +4% Q/Q and +30% Y/Y. Mobile MAUs +37% Y/Y to 184M.
- Mobile accounted for over 75% of ad sales, up from 70% in Q3 and 65% in Q2.
- CC at 5PM ET. Q4 results, PR
Twitter -11.2% AH. Guidance strong, but Timeline views drop Q/Q
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 12:30PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 11:33AM)
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 11:05AM)
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 6:09AM)
Video at CNBC.com (Tue, 2:09PM)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs