Green Mountain Coffee Roasters and Coca-Cola announce partnership

Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) announces a long-term relationship with Coca-Cola (KO).

Coca-Cola will purchase a 10% stake in the company.

The companies will collaborate on the Keurig platform.

Shares of GMCR are currently halted, KO +0.3% AH.

From other sites
Comments (14)
  • fuzzymc
    Comments (198) | Send Message

Cnbc's Herb has been trying to kill gmcr for years, I don't think this will help!
    5 Feb 2014, 04:37 PM Reply Like
  • zoralsurgeon
    Comments (290) | Send Message

I find this interesting.. Not sure how I feel about it honestly but I figure KO knows what it's doing
    5 Feb 2014, 04:53 PM Reply Like
  • Joseph Harry
    Comments (343) | Send Message

Single serve sodas? Could be good for "health reasons" in places like NY, and maybe even for the bottom line with higher margins on those single serve cups.
    5 Feb 2014, 05:08 PM Reply Like
  • Randal James
    Comments (4415) | Send Message

I think this is more along the lines of "Hey, Sodastream! Who's your Daddy?"
    5 Feb 2014, 05:01 PM Reply Like
  • Ta0
    Comments (493) | Send Message

You don't think GMCR wants to put their coffees into the Coke machines?
    5 Feb 2014, 08:12 PM Reply Like
  • Randal James
    Comments (4415) | Send Message

Nice thought, but Coke rarely has the keys to the vending channel. SODA is an OK product but limited in scope and light on engineering. I assume if KO is willing to take a stab here, the idea is for the broadest range of beverages possible. I'd further guess that KO has already spent a small fortune on their own concepts but while most homes have some sort of coffee machine, they may or may not have a soda device. A combo that works, doesn't break the bank and offers compellingly good flavor will win.

I'm not long in any of these, nor likely to be. The first SODA machines I saw were so disappointing I doubted their survival. One of my brothers was an early enthusiast and then returned to his bottle-toting ways. It is said that competition makes everyone do better. Perhaps this is what SODA needs to move to their 'A' game.
    5 Feb 2014, 11:29 PM Reply Like
  • Ta0
    Comments (493) | Send Message

I heard rumors that PEP may buy out SODA. Sounds like they want to create a similar experience that KO & GMCR are trying to set up.
    6 Feb 2014, 01:30 PM Reply Like
  • Ta0
    Comments (493) | Send Message

It is always a good thing to be able to utilize the distribution channels of an entity the size of $KO. And I am very much looking forward to canned hot and cold coffee coming out of the dispensers, like they have in Japan.
    5 Feb 2014, 05:10 PM Reply Like
  • Augie91
    Comments (335) | Send Message

GMCR is going thru the roof in aftermarket…...
    5 Feb 2014, 05:10 PM Reply Like
  • Rose_Colored_Glasses
    Comments (1103) | Send Message

They pulled it off now - I think it was up almost 40%
    5 Feb 2014, 05:29 PM Reply Like
  • Ta0
    Comments (493) | Send Message

I guess it's too late to get it at $80.
    5 Feb 2014, 05:32 PM Reply Like
  • Minutemen
    Comments (2268) | Send Message

This is good deal for both companies. KO already profiting on deal based on AH price.

Long KO. And now long 10% GMCR.
    5 Feb 2014, 05:23 PM Reply Like
  • Schwilling
    Comments (24) | Send Message

So Coke wants an avenue into our homes. I think this maybe a harbinger deal.
    5 Feb 2014, 05:37 PM Reply Like
  • Schwilling
    Comments (24) | Send Message

Maybe it is a hedge against a sugary drink tax?
    5 Feb 2014, 05:55 PM Reply Like