- After initially offering a subdued reaction to YELP's Q4 top-line beat and strong guidance, investors have bid shares above $80, putting them once more within striking distance of an all-time high of $83.96.
- Yelp's Y/Y revenue growth accelerated to 72% in Q4 from 68% in Q3, and its user metrics were also strong. Cumulative reviews +12% Q/Q and +47% Y/Y to 53M, average monthly unique visitors +3% Q/Q and +39% to 120M, active local business accounts +17% Q/Q and +69% Y/Y to 67K.
- Mobile unique visitors totaled 53M during the quarter, and 30% of new reviews were written on mobile devices.
- Yelp's sales/marketing spend rose 52% Y/Y to $38.8M, and equaled 55% of revenue. R&D spend rose 90% to $11.8M, and G&A 71% to $13.5M.
- 14% of the float was shorted as of Jan. 15. Is another short squeeze on tap?
Yelp now +7% AH; investors cheer guidance, strong user metrics
Feb 5 2014, 19:03 ET