- Though LinkedIn (LNKD) once again beat estimates, the company is guiding for Q1 revenue of $455M-$460M and 2014 revenue of $2.02B-$2.05B, below consensus forecasts of $470.3M and $2.16B. Adjusted EBITDA is expected to total $106M-$108M in Q1, and to grow to $490M in 2014 from a 2013 level of $111.4M.
- In tandem with its results, LinkedIn has announced it's acquiring Bright, provider of a job search engine/listing platform that leverages proprietary analytics technology to help employers find and screen candidates. The purchase price is $120M (73% stock, 27% cash).
- LinkedIn says it will use Bright's "data-driven matching technology, machine-learning algorithms and domain expertise" to help build out its own "economic graph" of workers and job opportunities (previous).
- LinkedIn's Talent Solutions (jobs) growth moderated a bit in Q4, rising 53% Y/Y vs. 62% in Q3. Likewise, subscription revenue growth fell to 48% vs. 61% in Q3. Ad sales, pressured in 2013 by the sponsored news feed ad transition, rose 38% vs. 36% in Q3.
- Talent Solutions made up 55% of revenue, subscriptions 20%, ads 25%.
- LNKD -11.3% AH. Q4 results, PR.
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at Financial Times (Apr 10, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Apr 10, 2015)
at MarketWatch.com (Apr 9, 2015)
at MarketRealist.com (Mar 24, 2015)
at MarketWatch.com (Feb 28, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs