- Germany's trade surplus slipped to €18.5B in December from €18.9B in November but came in above consensus of €17.3B.
- Exports surprisingly fell 0.9% on month after rising 0.7% previously and vs forecasts for an increase of 0.8%.
- Imports dropped 0.6% vs -2.3% and +1.2%.
- Current account surplus €23.5B vs €21.6B.
- The euro is flat at $1.3587, while DAX futures are +0.2%. (PR)
- ETFs: FXE, EUO, EWG, ERO, DRR, BUND, EWGS, EUFX, ULE, GERJ, DBGR, BUNL, DXGE, URR, FGM, BUNT, GGOV
at MarketWatch.com (May 9, 2014)