- Stock index futures give back some gains following the lower-than-forecast payrolls number for January.
- The 10-year Treasury drops a few basis points from shortly before the print to 2.71%, while the 2-year is down just a hair to 0.32%.
- The unemployment rate is officially at its lowest rate in five years at 6.6%.
- The labor force participation rate rose to 63.0% from a previous level last month of 62.8%. A year ago the rate stood at 63.6%.
- Average hourly earnings rose 0.2% M/M and the average workweek was unchanged at 34.4 hours.
- Staffing stocks could be more active today than normal after the read on unemployment. On watch: ASGN, MAN, KFRC, RHI, DHX, MWW, KELYA, TBI, BBSI, AHS.
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, SHY, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, TLH, ZROZ, SBND, IEI, DLBS, TYO, DTYS, VGLT, UST, BIL, SHV, UBT, TBX, VGIT, TLO, VGSH, GSY, DTYL, SCHO, LBND, SCHR, ITE, TYD, DTUL, TYBS, TENZ, DTUS, SST, TUZ, FIVZ, TBZ, DFVL, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
Stock index futures give back gains after NFP print
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 27, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 27, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 21, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Jul 8, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Feb 18, 2011)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs