- Stock index futures give back some gains following the lower-than-forecast payrolls number for January.
- The 10-year Treasury drops a few basis points from shortly before the print to 2.71%, while the 2-year is down just a hair to 0.32%.
- The unemployment rate is officially at its lowest rate in five years at 6.6%.
- The labor force participation rate rose to 63.0% from a previous level last month of 62.8%. A year ago the rate stood at 63.6%.
- Average hourly earnings rose 0.2% M/M and the average workweek was unchanged at 34.4 hours.
- Staffing stocks could be more active today than normal after the read on unemployment. On watch: ASGN, MAN, KFRC, RHI, DHX, MWW, KELYA, TBI, BBSI, AHS.
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, SHY, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, TLH, ZROZ, SBND, IEI, DLBS, TYO, DTYS, VGLT, UST, BIL, SHV, UBT, TBX, VGIT, TLO, VGSH, GSY, DTYL, SCHO, LBND, SCHR, ITE, TYD, DTUL, TYBS, TENZ, DTUS, SST, TUZ, FIVZ, TBZ, DFVL, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
at Nasdaq.com (Tue, 11:40AM)