- Around 4.8M people aged 18-64 get no government help to buy medical insurance - because they earn too little to qualify for federal subsidies. However, they earn too much to receive benefits under state programs.
- The gap is the result of 24 states deciding not to expand Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
- However, some states are revisiting their policies in order to cover the hole, which hospitals such as UAB Health System see as a threat to their revenues.
- More on Obamacare
- Hospital operators: HCA, CYH, THC, UHS, HMA, LPNT.
- ETFs: XLV, XHE, VHT, FXH, IHF, IHI, IYH, PTH, RYH, PSCH, RXL, RXD, XHS.
Millions on low pay caught in health-law gap
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Mar 24, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 5, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Jan 15, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 12, 2015)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 9, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs