- Barclays' (BCS) 2013 adjusted pretax profit of £5.2B ($8.52B) missed analyst consensus of £5.4B and was below 2012's figure of £7.05B.
- Statutory pretax earnings of £2.9B was well above the £246M that Barclays generated a year earlier.
- The bank provided no further details, although it will release full results tomorrow.
- Last month, Barclays said it would take a £330M Q4 charge related to regulatory penalties and lawsuits.
- Shares are +1.3% premarket. (PR)
- Massive data leak
More on Barclays' results: Adjusted profit misses forecasts
Feb 10 2014, 06:54 ET