- It seems that FDA staff are divided over Medicines Company's (MDCO) Cangrelor drug for preventing blood clots.
- As noted, one review has recommended that the drug should not be approved due to trial flaws.
- However, ISI Group analyst Umer Raffat has pointed out that buried deep in an FDA briefing document, another review has recommended approval of Cangrelor (see page 11 of the document).
- Shares were down 13% earlier but have recovered somewhat and are -5.8%.
- Given the sensitive nature of these reviews for the market, surely the FDA should have given equal billing to a summary of both opinions at the beginning of the briefing document.
- The FDA's recommendations come ahead of a meeting of an advisory committee that is due to take place on Wednesday.
FDA staff divided over Medicines Company's Cangrelor
Feb 10 2014, 09:13 ET