- Barclays (BCS) intends to axe 10,000-12,000 jobs this year, including 7,000 in the U.K.
- CEO Antony Jenkins said the bank has notified around half of the affected workers in Britain.
- The bank employed 139,600 staff at the end of last year.
- Barclays announced the job cuts as it revealed in its FY report that its bonus pool rose 10% to £2.38B.
- The firm said its 2013 earnings were hurt by legal costs and restructuring, including its withdrawal from some businesses.
- Shares are -1.25% in London.
- 2013 results
Barclays to slash up to 12,000 jobs
Feb 11 2014, 03:49 ET