- European shares and U.S. stock futures track Asia higher as investors await Janet Yellen's first Congressional appearance since becoming Fed Chair earlier this month.
- At a hearing before a House panel today, Yellen is expected to reiterate the bank's plan to continue tapering its QE program, although investors will be keeping an ear open for any indications of a change of course following disappointing U.S. jobs and other economic data.
- "Price action suggests that markets are preparing for a dovish commentary (from Yellen), increasing the risk of disappointment," Barclays analysts say.
- Euro Stoxx 50 +1.1%, London +0.8%, Paris +0.9%, Frankfurt +1.3%, Milan +0.6%, Madrid +0.8%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow +0.5%. S&P +0.5%. Nasdaq +0.5%
Global stocks higher ahead of Yellen testimony
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs