- Japan's core machinery orders, a leading indicator of capital expenditure, plunged 15.7% on month in December, with the fall far greater than expectations for a drop of 4.1%.
- On year, orders +6.7% vs consensus of +17.6%.
- Moreover, companies have predicted that core orders will drop 2.9% in January-March, which would be the first decline in four quarters.
- "Today’s data on machinery cast some doubts on whether the fledgling recovery in business investment will continue," says economist Marcel Thieliant. The government has targeted increased capex as an important element in Japan's battle to end deflation.
- However, it's worth noting that the data is volatile and the big drop followed a gain in November.
- The USD-JPY is -0.2% at ¥102.46, while the Nikkei is +0.6%.
- ETFs: DXJ, EWJ, FXY, YCS, JGBS, JGBD, DFJ, JYN, NKY, DBJP, EZJ, EWV, YCL, SCJ, DXJS, JSC, ITF, JGBL, JPNL, JPP, JGBT, JPNS, FJP, JGBB
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Tue, 10:50AM)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 13, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 28, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 26, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs