Midday Gainers / Losers

Comments (572) | Send Message

Bad news on Gale:

12 Feb, 12:50 PM Reply Like
  • Bryce_in_TX
    , contributor
    Comments (2571) | Send Message

I have to say, I am having doubts about GALE now. I do question the sales of the insider shares now. There is at least an appearance of a pump and dump scheme. If GALE can be tied to the promotion, then their credibility is down the toilet, in my book. Surely the marketing team gets approval from GALE before doing promotions?

If GALE did not approve the promotion, they should come out and state they don't approve of the marketing by the DreamTeam Group.
    12 Feb, 01:14 PM Reply Like
  • blickster66
    , contributor
    Comments (12) | Send Message

So what does this mean? Does this mean Abstral will have no effect on Galena's bottom line? Is their breast cancer drug ineffective? Does anyone know anything?
    12 Feb, 02:56 PM Reply Like
  • Leroy Jackson
    , contributor
    Comments (83) | Send Message

It is hard to say what it all means for GALE. I hope that company has a good future. As an old timer I have mixed feelings on the manipulations that go on. If the company is sound then to promote is ok with me. If the hype was a lie then that is another story. Then there is the other side. I wonder how many of the articles put forth to attack a company is a planned attack by short sellers and how much of what is said is really true.
    12 Feb, 03:25 PM Reply Like
  • Bryce_in_TX
    , contributor
    Comments (2571) | Send Message

If the drug is truly effective, why would there be need to hype it through unethical means? And what about the insiders dumping so many shares? Doesn't look good to me. The insider selling I do not like at all, and now with today's negative article, there is an appearance of stock manipulation directly by GALE, which insiders have profited off of.
    12 Feb, 03:30 PM Reply Like
  • mrmookie123
    , contributor
    Comments (72) | Send Message

Bryce, I'm sort of with you on this one. I had heard about the the DreamTeam before today, but with the Insiders selling, it does look fishy to me. I'm long GALE and I'm holding right now. I've made a nice amount on this stock buying low and selling high and repeating.

Just remember that the STREET.COM is totally biased against GALE. I told my wife after a coupld of days of gains, they would strike again with a negative article. Just total stock price manipulation and Cramer and his boys are really good at it. They'll now be jumping in at today's price to go long, then when the time comes, BAM, Short it and then the negative articles appear. Good luck to you, and all traders, Short or Long.
    12 Feb, 03:52 PM Reply Like
  • Leroy Jackson
    , contributor
    Comments (83) | Send Message

Why would Cramer and his boys go long on GALE at the lore price?
    12 Feb, 04:50 PM Reply Like
  • Leroy Jackson
    , contributor
    Comments (83) | Send Message

Make that lower price
    12 Feb, 04:51 PM Reply Like
  • Sidrico
    , contributor
    Comments (65) | Send Message

Love Cramer's monkey writing another hit piece while his boss makes lots of money selling his own stock. Hope Gale smokes his buddies with some good news..would not be the first time!
    12 Feb, 06:37 PM Reply Like
  • awgold
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

GALE is structured well from a management standpoint, they have a promising pipeline of products, and projected sustainability / revenue growth from Abstral sales.

This most recent article, though somewhat disheartening, doesn't affect my decision. The company moved up quick upon a string of actual good news. Ahn has been praised for strong leadership and attentiveness to advancing the company, while maintaining focus on Neuvax. If I'm wrong about the 'danger' of this new bit of news, I wish somebody would explain why. I equate the insider sell off to cashing in on the hard work that's gone into building this company for years, which I don't see as all that bad, considering there is no real data about the Phase 3 trials yet for Neuvax which should garner a negative reaction from investors...

It's all speculation - I am holding my shares; this is a very promising, well-run company.
    12 Feb, 09:10 PM Reply Like
  • Gman123456
    , contributor
    Comments (37) | Send Message

Steven Kriegman is now a new addition to the board of Catasys Inc. He also serves as a director on the Galena Biopharm, Inc "Gale". Where do you think Matt and A F will be on this one. See finance.yahoo.com/news... Kriegman is now a new addition to the board of Catasys Inc.
    13 Feb, 05:46 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
ETF Investment Guide:
Table of Contents | One Page Summary
Read about different ETF Asset Classes:
ETF Selector

Next headline on your portfolio: