- Conversant (CNVR +19.5%), formerly known as ValueClick, has soared to levels last seen in August after handily beating Q4 estimates and issuing strong guidance.
- The online ad services firm expects Q1 revenue of $138M-$144M and EPS of $0.38-$0.39. The revenue consensus, which doesn't account for the sale of Conversant's owned/operated sites business to IAC (closed on Jan. 10), is at $140.5M.
- It's worth noting that while the Q1 revenue consensus implies a 15.1% Y/Y revenue decline, Conversant is forecasting its continuing ops will see 3%-7% growth.
- Conversant's mainstay Media ops (72% of continuing revenue streams) grew 4% Y/Y in Q4 after declining 1% in Q3. Affiliate marketing sales rose 12% vs. 11% in Q3.
- Adjusted EBITDA rose 10% Y/Y, exceeding revenue growth of 6%.
- CC transcript
Conversant blasts off on Q4 beat, strong guidance
Feb 12 2014, 14:20 ET