- Eni's (E) Q4 adjusted net profit dropped 14% to €1.3B but topped forecasts of €1.2B.
- Net sales from operations fell 19% to €26.3B.
- Output dropped 9.7% to 1.577M barrels of oil equivalent a day.
- Eni's earnings were hurt by disruptions to its operations in Africa, lower refining results and the strengthening of the euro vs the dollar.
- Nonetheless, Eni plans to increase its dividend by 1.9% to €1.10 a share on 2013 earnings.
- Eni also said that it has discovered the equivalent of 2.5B barrels of oil and gas off the coast of the Republic of Congo in West Africa.
- Eni gave a downbeat outlook for 2014, "due to weak growth prospects in the eurozone and risks concerning emerging economies." (PR)
Eni net profit falls 14%, gives downbeat outlook
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Transocean, Kinder Morgan, BP, Williams Partners and Eni - Press Releasesat Zacks.com (Apr 8, 2015)
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Chevron, EQT, EQT Midstream Partners, Exxon Mobil and Eni - Press Releasesat Zacks.com (Mar 18, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 17, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 16, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 3, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs