- Core Q4 earnings of $685M compares to $554M a year ago. Core ROE for the year was 10.4% vs. 10.6% in 2012.
- Insurance sales of $617M fell 32% from a year ago, thanks to particularly strong sales in Japan in the 2012 Q4 ahead of product changes, and "normal variability" of sales in Canadian Group Benefits. CEO Don Guloien: "Insurance sales were slightly lower than what we would have liked, but with better margins."
- Wealth sales of $12.2B grew 15% from a year ago, with strong mutual fund sales propelling particularly strong growth in the U.S. and Canada. Asian sales fell 18% after a big Q4 in 2012 amid a fund launch in Japan.
- Investment-related gains of $265M in Q, of which $50M made it to core earnings.
- CC at 2 ET
- Press release, Q4 results
- MFC no trades premarket
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
Manulife Financial : Marianne Harrison to Present at National Bank Financial 2015 Canadian Financial Services Conferenceat 4-traders.com (Mar 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 20, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Nov 13, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 12, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 11, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs