- Gotta be the weather? In addition to January's soft retail sales print (-0.4% vs. consensus -0.1%, ex-autos flat vs. consensus +0.1%), December's 0.2% gain is revised to a loss of 0.1%, with Dec. ex-auto's 0.7% gain revised to just +0.3%.
- Full report
- A longer-term chart shows the Y/Y gain in sales just ticking below the range it's been in for the past couple of years.
- The 10-year Treasury yield slips another couple of basis points, now off 6 on the day to 2.73%. TLT +0.6%, TBT -1.2%
- Stock index futures slip a bit more, the S&P 500 (SPY) -0.7%.
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, SHY, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, ZROZ, SBND, TLH, IEI, DLBS, TYO, DTYS, VGLT, UST, BIL, SHV, UBT, TBX, VGIT, TLO, VGSH, SCHO, GSY, DTYL, SCHR, LBND, TYD, ITE, TENZ, TYBS, DTUL, DTUS, SST, TUZ, FIVZ, DFVL, TBZ, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
Add weak revisions to January's slow retail sales number
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 5:40PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 3:00PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 2:06PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 2:02PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 2:00PM)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs