- Apple Insider reports Apple (AAPL +1.4%) is set to discontinue the iPad 2, given the relative popularity of the iPad Air and Mini.
- Apple's decision to keep the iPad 2 (originally launched in 2011) around at an unchanged price of $399 following last fall's Air/retina Mini launches raised eyebrows. Wal-Mart recently offered the iPad 2 for $299 in a promotion.
- Images said to depict iPhone 6 casings have leaked out of China. The images show a device that has a larger screen than the 4" iPhone 5S/5C, and is also thinner.
- The WSJ, Bloomberg, and others have reported Apple plans to launch two larger iPhones; Bloomberg's reported stated the screen sizes will respectively be 4.7" and 5.5".
- Jefferies' Peter Misek has cut his FQ3 (calendar Q2) iPhone sales forecast by 3M to 33M, citing checks that point to builds of only 25M-30M and expectations of soft demand ahead of an iPhone 6 launch.
- At the same time, Misek reports Apple's suppliers "continue to give pricing concessions," something he predicts will lift margins. Misek's report could be a negative for Apple-dependent Cirrus Logic (CRUS -0.4%), whose gross margin has already been under pressure.
- Update: The images may be fake. Observers have noted textures and fonts are inconsistent with those of the iPhone 5S.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Thu, 2:05PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Thu, 11:00AM)
at CNBC.com (Wed, 4:59PM)
at CNBC.com (Wed, 3:49PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 3:21PM)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs